CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies). VIDA’s reusable masks follow all of CDC’s guidelines for protective cloth coverings with a 6 layer layered activated carbon PM2.5 filter, a built-in nose clip for a snug protective fit and adjustable ear loops.
Here’s how to keep your reusable VIDA masks clean:
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer before you put on your Protective Mask. Try not to touch the mask while you are wearing it.
- While removing the mask, slip the adjustable ear loops from your ears. Do not grab the front of the mask to remove it from your face.
- Using the adjustable ear loops, place the mask directly in a paper bag to hold it until you’re ready to wash or wear it again.
- Masks should be washed after each use
- Remove filter before washing and toss your mask into your washing machine after each use
- Use warm water to kill germs, remove bacteria and viruses. Regular laundry detergent works fine
- Machine dry in gentle cycles or air-dry so the loops do not get damaged
- If you don’t have access to a washing machine, then hand-wash your mask the same way you would wash delicates.
- First wet the mask and rub with soap until you see the soap lather
- Then soak the mask in hot water and soap for 30 minutes to ensure you’ve killed all the germs
- Then rinse, and machine dry or air dry on a sanitized surface