Every month is Women’s History Month at VIDA thanks to our leading ladies who inspire and empower us everyday.
Umaimah Mendhro: Founder & CEO – VIDA
- The most inspiring woman in your life is: My Mom.
- What is the #1 thing that we need to collectively change in the world right now: Connect as Humans.
- One trait all successful leaders possess: Perseverance.
- Favorite catchphrase: Make Life Matter.
- If you could meet anyone you wanted: Frida Kahlo.
- How do you want to be remembered: As someone who reimagined a massive man-made industry to better humankind.
- What keeps you inspired: Uncommon Creativity.
Henrike Langbroek: COO – VIDA
- Favorite VIDA product: My all time favorite VIDA product is our Studio Bag. I use it everyday, fill it with an enormous amount of stuff and love all the pockets that help me keep my things organized. I also love that I can throw it in the washing machine. Great option for busy working moms.
- Women who inspire you: In my career so far I’ve had the opportunity to work with three inspirational female leaders in typically male dominated industries such as manufacturing and tech. Women supporting and training each other to achieve more in life is something I’ve experienced first hand. Thanks to these women it has become my personal mission to help, coach and mentor others to become their best selves.
- What keeps you inspired: I love solving puzzles and creatively overcoming challenges. VIDA’s on demand supply chain is a great example of creative innovation.
- Favorite quote: “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have” – Maya Angelou.
- Best piece of advice you ever received: To creatively solve a problem, take a step back and look at it from another angle. There is always a solution for everything.
Lauren Miller: Head of Marketing – VIDA
- The most inspiring woman in your life is: My mom.
- Favorite VIDA piece at the moment: The Nomad Tribe Abstract natural cotton scarf designed by artist Mmartabc from Murcia, Spain
- Who is your style muse: Emmanuelle Alt, editor-in-chief of Vogue Paris
- What is the #1 thing that we need to collectively change in the world right now: Climate change.
- VIDA artist you are inspired by: Too hard to choose one! I really love the Creativity Explored collaboration.
Rangoli Sharan: Head of Technology – VIDA
- What is the #1 thing that we need to collectively change in the world right now: Build empathy. I think it is the basis for making great products, building a thriving business and solving the world’s biggest problems.
- One trait all successful leaders possess: Successful leaders are resilient. There is nothing like showing up with sleeves rolled up.
- Favorite catchphrase: My 4 year old taught me: “You get what you get, and don’t get upset.” I’m running with it!
- Best piece of advice you ever received: It doesn’t matter what you do. It only matters that you give it your best and get really good at it.
- If you could meet anyone you wanted: I’d love to meet any of the people who chose a path of love and non-violence in a climate of violent oppression or injustice to lead people to freedom.
- What keeps you inspired: Nature’s quirks never ceases to amaze me. The talent and drive of the people around me keeps me pumped!
Maria Frolova: Head of Finance – VIDA
- All time-favorite VIDA piece: A Beautiful Death merino wool scarf by artist Terry Fan from Toronto Canada.
- Who is your style muse: Anna Wintour, editor-in-chief of Vogue.
- What is the #1 thing that we need to collectively change in the world right now: We need to become more accepting of each other’s differences – appearances, gender and religion.
- Iconic woman you are most inspired by: Austrian born American film actress and inventor Hedy Lamarr – she was the perfect blend of beauty, brain and confidence.
- If you could meet anyone you wanted: Notorious RBG.